
A couple of photos from today. The day started out really nice. Light breeze, cooler than it has been. I went on a walk with the kids and explored some cool bugs and leaves.

Keira needs a "rest", Austin says.


Hmmm, what's goin' on here? I think there's a few years still for that talk with the kids!
More bug exploring...
About 10 AM the skies started to look like this...
Still just a little breezy. But more cloud formations are starting to gather.

The entire sky is covered in clouds swirling slowly. Kind of erie.

The entire sky is covered in clouds swirling slowly. Kind of erie.

8 PM. Amazing how many colors and levels there were to the sky. The wind is really starting to pick up now. Still about 4 hours from the storm even hitting landfall.
8:30. I feel like I am in Lord of the Rings. The sky seriously started billowing and turned black from the South. I am beginning to feel really small. We are supposed to have 70 mph sustained winds and gusts up to 100 mph tonight as this hurricane passes through.
It was pretty much black sky about 5 minutes later.

Our bathtubs are filled with water, our pantry is stocked, we are all sleeping in one room tonight, we are prepared for the worst, but still praying.

Our bathtubs are filled with water, our pantry is stocked, we are all sleeping in one room tonight, we are prepared for the worst, but still praying.
It is now 11:43 PM. The rain has started to come...
We love all of you, our friends and family. Thank you for your emails, phone calls and prayers! We will try and keep you updated through this. Yeehaw!










11 comments:
oh my goodness. i really hope the best for you. we got some insane rain last night and we're miles and miles from the ike-monster. i can't imagine what you're going to experience.
We were trying to think the other day if we knew anyone in the Hurricaine's path. We'll keep you in our prayers. The "nice" thing is you'll have a better idea of what emergency supplies you'll need even though all emergencies are different. I'm still working with theory.
WOW, that's so crazy. Thanks for taking pics as well. We actually know 3-4 families in your area, some in which evacuated. So how was the day after? How bad did you get hit? Loves!!
I just got your message forwarded from Mandi. I'm so happy that you are all okay!!!
Well, glad your roof is still on and you don't have trees in your living room. Actually, that would look kind of nice. Fake ones can get really expensive you know. Well, I sure did pee my pants watching the weather channel all night. Those meteorologists are pretty stupid standing out in the middle of 100 MPH wind gusts. trying to talk in a mic and still smile!
glad you made it.... awesome pics of the sky, well, awesome in a totally creepy way.
Oh my goodness Kari, I have been wondering about all of my friends in TX! (Really only you and one other friend from BYU) I don't know when you'll get this little note, but I've been thinking about your sweet family A LOT lately, and I really hope you pulled through ok, and that everything else is going good as well. I'll have to email you... LOVE YOU!
Holy cow! Let us know how it goes!!
I'M IN DIRE NEED OF AN UPDATE FROM YOU!!! I'm guessing from Mandi's comment that you're alive. :) Just out of curiousity, why didn't you evacuate?
I LOVE YOU!!
Kari,
Thanks so much for the email, I really was very worried for you, even if evacuating wasn't mandatory for you I knew things would be crazy.
Your not going to have power for a month??? I hope your keeping a journal through all of this. Your pictures and comments really describe things perfectly.
You know, my offer is still on the table, you can come and stay at my house till things get a little better. I'm pretty sure you can't get away from the hospital though, but still, just in case, you can come here. Hope this crazy time goes by fast for your family and that things will feel normal soon.
love you tons
Glory
You have been in our prayer along with Liz's family. Hope the best for you and your family. Please keep us posted when you get a chance. HOpe your surviving without electricity for this long, I know Liz is tired of it.
Love you guys and be safe!!
Post a Comment