Saturday, September 27, 2008

THE END. HOPE YOU SURVIVED THE MARATHON :)

7 comments:

AMD said...

Kari! I'm so impressed by your positive attitude! What an amazing story you have to tell and incredible pictures to prove it. I'm so glad that you made it through the hurricane alright. My mom was visiting while Ike was active and I told her about your message about bracing for the storm. We were quite relieved to read your "survived" message as we had been thinking of you guys. Thanks for sharing your experiences!
Andrea :-)

Megan said...

Wow, I loved the marathon pictures & hearing of your experience. You guys were prepared & made the most of it! I'm sooooo glad that you guys are safe & sound. We love you guys. You look so great as usual. What a CUTE family! You sure have a story to tell! love you guys!

pinksuedeshoe said...

Wow. That is incredible. I am so glad that you are OK, and I love your positvie attitudes.

Glory Watts said...

I survived the Marathon post! i loved it!! Scary how much power a hurricane has. How did you prepare? Did you already have a lot of food storage? Did you have water? How long was your power out? I guess this is one of the many signs of the times. I'm sure we'll be seeing more of these types of natural disasters in the near future, unfortunatley. I guess if your not prepared your in big trouble (I'm in the process of being more prepared) "If ye are prepared, ye shall not fear"

love you Kari, glad everything is o.k.!
Glory

simple mom/wife said...

I love the pictures! If you don't mind, I'm sending my fellow blog readers your way for Hurricane pictures. You did an amazing job capturing my same feelings! We lost many of our pictures we took so far. Miss you guys!

Shanda said...

I love your family SO MUCH!! Kari, you're so amazing. I know you're a strong hold and huge support and positive influence on your family!! I loved all the hurricane posts, seeing what you guys went through. I'm so glad you're okay and that you were prepared so you didn't have to worry about stuff. And I love kids attitudes, always helps your own :)

Sharlee said...

I was amazed at the pictures, Kari, and the tremendous power of nature. I am sure you will never forget that night, probably the children won't either. Dad would find many lessons in that hurricane! Your little Kiera looks just like you, I think!
Dave is slowly improving, has had a MRSA infection and been taking $70 per pill meds! UG! So glad you are all safe.
Love, Dave and Sharlee