Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Baby Squirrel Rescue (make sure to read about the last picture :)

Okay, so I just found out there is a woman in Kingwood called, "The Squirrel Lady". Seriously. Apparently, she is on-call 24/7 for anyone who calls with a hurt squirrel. She does it for free. So, my neighbor had a tree cut down in her yard, and soon after it fell, she began hearing this loud shreaking sound coming from somewhere under the tree. There were 3 baby squirrels crawling around with their eyes still shut. So...to the rescue!! Here comes the squirrel lady after a quick phone call! She has tons of 5 foot cages all over her house, holds them all day, and gives them bottles of formula every 3 hrs around the clock!! Talk about having a newborn again! Currently, I think she is caring for 6 squirrels! After they are strong again, she releases them to outside. She says many of them stay around her yard and return to her again and again! These pictures were at my friend, Amy's house. The squirrel lady brought these little guys over to show us their progress and how they were doing. It was adorable and all the kids loved it!


Poor thing is getting squeezed probably just a little too much.


Okay, 6 squirrels + feedings every 3 hrs around the clock=No sleep! I don't know how she does it!

This little guy was named Clint. HE IS A BOY. He was adorable and loved to sleep on everyone. But, if you look really close...it's so sad!! His little peepee is really red and inflamed to 3 times the normal size. Why? Apparently, some of the other squirrels thought he was their mommy and were trying to suck out some milk!! OHHHhhhhh, so sad!!!! Hahahahaa

7 comments:

simple mom/wife said...

Justin says he doesn't want to live in the wild anymore.

Sarah said...

Kari, you are so funny! squirrel pee pees?

Mandi said...

Was this before you came to see me? Because I have that sweater! That poor little squirrel getting sucked on! That made me so sad to think about how big he got! So cute though!

the phipps said...

How sad! At least there's someone to take care of the poor guy. I loved your "shattered glass" post. Only because I'm glad I'm not the only one ;) I think I have the same blender- is it cuisinart? Anyways, I have to buy a replacement part for mine and you can buy new parts on their website http://www.cuisinart.com/parts_accessories/
It was fun seeing you guys- hopefully we can get together again in not too long! Stacy

jodi said...

That story is hilarious! I'm just glad that there are people in the world who love squirrels that much!

Mandi said...

I had to write something else about your little inflamed squirrel. Matt looked at the picture and said, "He probably loved that! Life was probably great for a while!" I laughed so hard!

Anonymous said...

what formula are u useing on that baby squirrel i found 1 like 3 days ago hes about 4 or 5 weeks old he looks like hes going 2 open his eyes soon and hes doing good but i keep hearing esbelic powder is bad 4 baby squirrels do u have any suggestions?