Monday, March 17, 2008

Because you asked, Rachelle

Okay, so for those of you who don't know, we are leasing this home until the fall. We decided not to buy until we'd been in Texas a while and gotten a feel for where we wanted to buy. So here is where we live, until we move, yet again, this fall--hopefully in our "first home". Anyway, own or not, we are still exstatic to finally live above ground :)

It's so fun to be able to pull weeds instead of staring out window wells!



The front entry. That table and mirror was a gift and used to be a warm honey color. I painted it an antique bronze and now it matches!! It's fun to paint and attempt to match:)




The key holder. Notice how the keys are sure not there? Hmmm... We're getting better though:)


Front coat closet. Do yo remember that picture Connor drew for us on our wedding?



Kitchen. I love all the counter space and how it is so open, overlooking the living room. Yes, that would be Keira playing in the sink.


I love Keira's little head sticking up wondering what I am doing...hahah. Our little table dad bought for us when we were first married. We've almost outgrown it. If we ever have people over for dinner, I usually pull out a blanket and have a picnic on the floor with Austin :0




Living room. Kind of a wierd design, but I love all the space for little tikes to cause ruckas. Aus kept wanting to sneak in the pictures somehow. :) Love the gas fireplace. Clean, easy and fun to have for the holidays! Always wished we had one growing up!



Another gift! I can't believe Mike's parents bought this for us for a "welcome to Texas" gift. I love doing my yoga in front of here early in the mornings.



I also took a snap (sorry, kind of dark) of the photos on the wall because I'm so proud of myself to have gotten them up FINALLY! I am really having fun taking these pictures of the kids! I would love to save up to get some studio lights and do some more photography out of my home for other people!




Music corner, or better, "I don't- know- what- to- do- with- space". I guess when you live in tiny basements for 4 years you just don't have enought stuff to fill a regular house. That's okay by me--I like space!


Toy room. I love closets--see, you wouldn't even know it was a "toy" room, eh??



Austin's room. We got that mat and star so cheap from IKEA. He loves it and turns it on and off every night. Notice the teddy bear all tucked in? He takes care of that bear as if he carried it for 9 months...wait, he has carried it around for 9 months. I can't believe it still is intact.



2nd Bathroom. Small, but it's a second bathroom! Oh, the joys.



Keira's room. Love the window light. That bedroom set was probably our first "set". I will defend it with my life :)


Master bedroom. Austin again loving being important.



Another view of master bedroom. That dresser was Grandma Doxey's. Keira staring at her reflection... She looks innocent, right? Fun for a while until she pulled so hard the wire broke and the mirror fell. You think it would have scared her? Nope. She just smiled...Funny how they smile when they know they're doing something naughty!



Master Bath--I still can't get over that I have a bath tub separate from a shower! That picture was from our honeymoon...Notice the handy framework from the talented Mr. Matt Nuttall!

Well, that is where we spend our days...playing, laughing, throwing food on the floor, dancing, bathing squirming rascals, and ah yes, what I am about to do...sleeping :) Good night.

10 comments:

pinksuedeshoe said...

Yay for houses! I love how much space you have, you must be so happy to have so much light in your house!

Jake and Louise McCrea said...

The house looks huge! I love the kids bedrooms and the huge windows.

Mandi said...

You finished your house and got it all clean for pictures! That took me a year to get that done. I love the pictures of Keira in the sink, the teddy bear, and Austin on your bed with a dress on. (Well it looks like it) Very cute!

Dave and Loralee said...

so lucky-what a spacious house with so much room and straight walls and smooth ceilings and lots of light coming in, and I don't think I saw a SPECK of snow outside :) Can you tell we live in a house built in 1910? And that I want winter to end?
It seriously looks beautiful and CLEAN and I LOVE Keira in the sink! love you!!!!!!

Mandi said...

hey guys this is mr.matt nuttall. Way to go on the Big screen and Dish. mike you have it made. no more missin the games. the house is amazing and I noticed it has your guys's first dishwasher. (i dont speak good) so are we still gonna go to Hawaii. ok its a deal, if you buy the flights we will buy the cars. you guys can drive the mustang

Tim & Rachelle said...

Love it, love it, love it!!! Just what I wanted to see and you did a fabulous job doing it. I love to see how much we have in common in our home decorating styles. The kids are the best accents of all. I miss you.

Jaimee said...

I am so happy you guys are in such a great house!! I can't believe how fast the kids have changed! I seriously have the cutest nephew and niece ever! Save a spot for us on the blanket for Easter dinner...I wish! love ya, jaimee

Alisha said...

I'm so glad you've posted again. I've wondered where you've been! I love your home. so spacious, bet the kids love it. You're so good at getting it livable to quickly. miss you

Jessica said...

That's a beautiful home! I'm so jealous!

calmrapids said...

Love your house! So, when you're ready to buy, start looking a little closer to us. :)