
Monday, March 24, 2008
Dun Dun Dun...The Toilet Day 1 of Potty Training
Seriously, it's got to look huge from their angle! Okay, I am soooo open to suggestions, ideas, failures...moral support!! Here we go on our first day of potty training for Austin! We've got potty charts, car/train/transformer underwear, candy insentives, bathroom toys, lots of juice, and best of all, little Keira who claps each time he goes! OH! Wish me luck!!!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




10 comments:
Good luck! Unfortunately, that is all I have to offer you :o)
I wouldn't know what advise to give you but your toilet looks spotless!
Don't ask me, I'll be asking you!
Kari, I don't know what stage you are at, but I can tell you that after a while I wanted to pull my hair out. I hope things go a little smoother with Bekah...
Consistency! Just consider yourself homebound for atleast a week and DON'T do pull ups. They are just a setback. Really the fastest way is to live in the bathroom & really use those underwear. It will click! Oh, good luck. You are prepared with lot's of incentives! Miss you guys! So fun to read up on your family! Love, Meg
I agree with Megan, dont do the pull ups, they are a set back and a waiste of money. How old is your little boy? Girls are way faster learners than boys. You definetly need to wait until he is ready and if he is not just wait, he will eventually come around, it's just a matter of time. I know that with my first it was a nightmare cause I desperatly wanted him to be potty trained. With #4 (Parker) he will be 3 in May and he likes to go sometimes but most of the time he doesn't care for it and that is fine.
My advice is wait until he is ready and definetly do the prices and get very excited when he does go, never never get upset when he has an accident and patience is the key. You also need to set a side a whole week where you are home and no running errands.
Good luck and hope that helped. You're awesome and your family is beautiful.
Love ya!
Thanks guys!! He's done great so far (3 days). We seriously have been LIVING in the bathroom, but if you can believe it, it's been really fun (so far). I think I got more excited than he did when he went #2 for the first time. I couldn't stop clapping and jumping up and down! I kind of feel similar to I feel after having a baby...haven't gone out for days, smell like the bathroom...the joys!
By the way, Ari, Austin is 3 on Monday. And Louise, thanks for the toilet compliment. I can assure you, it's not that clean in real life...lighting works miracles :)
So great! Way to go Austin! No advice here--just happy to say our potty's are being used constantly now! I miss you; we should come your way so he's in his zone!
Good luck! I remember Benj wanting to go potty everywhere we went because he wanted to check out all the bathrooms. Fun times ahead!
Post a Comment