Saturday, February 14, 2009

Group X Instructor Certification



So, I blogged months ago about my certification I was working on as an Group X instructor at Gold's Gym. Well, I passed...and am "official"! Yeh! I have my own class I teach Friday mornings at the gym, and even do a couple private lessons for people in my home (when kids are asleep). I love teaching yoga. I feel so centered and focused, and ready for the day when I'm done.

I was really touched after I taught my first in-home private lesson. The girl said she teared up at the end of our session! The last 8 minutes or so is relaxation and breathing techniques to calm and clear the mind, and focus on what's important to you in life. She said she hadn't done that for herself for so long. This is rewarding.







Mike took these after we'd been swimmng at Galveston beach. It was so pretty and peaceful that day. Can't ever get enough of the ocean.


No, I don't teach in those pink shorts--are you kidding?? Remember I said we'd been swimming? Ha ha.



Seriously, if you've never tried yoga--you should give it a shot. It's worth it.

17 comments:

Amy Beatty said...

Those are some crazy amazing pictures! I don't think I could do half of those. I bet you are the cutest little yoga teacher out there. I think thats sounds like such a fun job. Way to Go!!

simple mom/wife said...

Yeah! You did it! That's an amazing accomplishment--so proud of you. You look like a pro; that's one amazing mom body!

Em said...

you look so fab~ reminds me of modern at byu with you, girl. :) i loove yoga too! it's amazing how much better you feel when you're done. how'd you get certified? congrats!

Shanda said...

Kari, you're AWESOME! And holy cow are you flexible!! DANG!! I'm horrible at Yoga, but I should try again someday... LOVE YOU!!!

Anonymous said...

Look at you! Congrats darling!

xox

Dave and Loralee said...

holy cow-you're AMAZING! I keep thinking I want to try, but every class I've gone to just didn't have the "vibe" I'm looking for. I wish you were here to teach me!!! I'd pay for private lessons from you!

Alisha said...

Wow Kari, awesome. Jeez you look great!!!

herofanfamily said...

That is Awesome Kari, and those are great pictures. I don't know if I could take Yoga from you though. I would always feel intimadated around you, because you project so much beauty and cuteness.

Kari said...

It's Les Mills certification, Em. I'd recommend it!

Kari said...

Lolo, I'd totally teach you! Private lessons are the best, it's totally about your individual workout. And Kristi, yeh right, you're the gorgeous, amazing, talented mom!

Jake and Louise McCrea said...

Dang Girl! Those are some awesome pictures and poses!!! I wish I could come to your class.

Alaska Massey said...

Kari, you look awesome! We are about 3 hours south of Anchorage. I really like it here. The winters aren't as harsh as farther north, like Fairbanks. Alaska is a different place. Our town is like taking a step back in time. Everything is slower paced and people are nicer. Anchorage is faster and busier, but it's still nothing like other big cities. We really think you can't beat an Alaskan summer if you like the outdoors - it's just a matter of surviving the dark, long winters. I really like it here. There are pros and cons to anywhere and I try to focus on the positive, but February and March are always rough - waiting for winter to finally be over. Let us know what's going on if you come up.

Becky said...

Kari, you look great. I love yoga too, I've never taken a class, just done it in my own home where no one will laugh at my pathetic attempts at being flexible. Good for you for getting your own class to teach.

Mandi said...

Oh, I like the frog one! I always like a good bum in the air! You are inspiring! Maybe in the next life I'll be able to touch my toes..maybe not.

Rachel said...

Kari, you are amazing!

Hey, I'm not in your cousins' blog list...ADD ME! :)

WWW.BLISSFILLEDINSANITY.BLOGSPOT.COM

Megan said...

Kari, you are tough! You look so good, as always. I haven't been on your blog for too long! Congratulations!!!!! on number 3. That is so exciting. So happy for you both. What a wonderful Christmas you had too. Miss you guys! Any plans to come to Cali or UT this summer? Love you!!

calmrapids said...

You seriously went swimming in that water? How long did it take to get all the oil off your skin? The yoga looks great!