Saturday, June 14, 2008

Chicken Nugget Prayer




For the first time since we've been married, Chicken Nuggets were on the menu for dinner. Austin ate about 10—and absolutely LOVED them. I said to him, after his 9th, “Man, buddy, if you eat enough of those, you might turn into a chicken nugget!” Austin just smiled and kept eating.

Later that evening, Austin said the prayer for our Family Prayer that night. Mike and I laughed out loud when we heard his little voice say, “Thank you for Austin to not turn into a chi--cken nugget.” Hahahaha-- Love how everything is always literal to them.

8 comments:

herofanfamily said...

That is too cute. I love kids and the things they say and Pray for. Thanks for sharing all your cute stories and Pics.

Dave and Loralee said...

hilarious! seriously, first time with chicken nuggets?? STAPLE at our house-the dino nuggets from costco-couldn't ask for anything better. well, you tell austin that we're also thankful that he didn't turn into a chicken nugget :)
love you tons!

simple mom/wife said...

Oh Austin. Way to be thankful kiddo! I love it! Hope everything is wonderful over there.

Mandi said...

Maybe he wont be a chicken nugget, but I'm sure he pooped chicken nuggets! That is so cute. I can't wait for Jay to talk!

Shanda said...

LOVE IT!! I love it when kids say crazy stuff like that!!! Especially in prayers :)

Sheila said...

I LOVED this! How funny!

--Loralee I'm SO with you on the Chicken Dinos...WE LOVE THEM! at LEAST once a week for lunch...YIKES!

Ok, so are you guys in Austin? If you are, I need some info. My good friend Jen is moving out there Aug 1 and she's a nurse applying for jobs. Do you have any insider info on the best facilities and places to apply?? Let me know ASAP if you've got any info!! THANKS LOVE!!!

the phipps said...

That's so cute! Austin is such a cutie- he just seems so innocent and mild- how come I ended up with the crazy kids? :)

Kajsa said...

that it too cute! i love all the pics of your kids, they are darling! and i love your swimsuit too!