Saturday, July 5, 2008

Austin 3 yrs old

Pretty proud, little man? The big 3 yrs old. I love that expression on his face!




Okay, so I know it's been months since his birthday (March 31st), but I'm finally posting on this! We had a big splash party with, are you ready...23 kids at my house! Can you imagine 23 little kids running around? It was hilarious and totally fun. This photo isn't even half of them! Ha ha.

Here's Austin, sneaking away in the kitchen to find a snack, when everyone else is running around:) This boy loves to eat! (Like the knife in the background? Okay, I'm a horrible mother. Actually, I put it down to take the picture :)

We passed out neclaces and lizards for party favors. Keira obviously loved the neclaces. I laugh every time I see this picture. Don't ask me why she didn't just turn around to pick it up. It's like they get in these positions and are so determined to reach something, they don't realize they could just try a different angle. HAhahahaha. I love her little toes all crinkled up.



Got it! LOL



OH, he looks so grown up to me! Such a sweet, helpful, curious, smart boy. So inquisitive, and thoughtful.






You melted my heart the other day. We were on a walk, and were singing songs. You stopped, looked up at me, and just stared for a while. I smiled at you, and you said thoughtfully, "Mommy... you're my friend." Ahhh, my eyes are stinging again just thinking about it. You are so quick to give a hug, the first to laugh with me, so trusting and loyal. Everything and everyday is so fun with you. I love you, my little buddy. You're my friend, too, Austin. Happy Birthday, sweetheart.

7 comments:

simple mom/wife said...

I agree with it all! He's such a great kiddo! We loved that party--Spence still says "My Austin's party again?" I keep telling him we'll have to wait until next year. Love you guys!

Mandi said...

What cute stinking pictures. All I have to say about Most of these pictures is I love the rolls! That first pictures if Austin is so funny! Keira is definitely going to be able to beat him up one day though with those buff thighs! So I am so excited to see them in only a few hours!!!

Shanda said...

Austin is so cute! I love those pictures of him at the end. And LOVE the cute things they say!!

Sarah said...

What a fun birthday--you are crazy to have that many kids over! My kids get zero friends for their birthday--I'm so mean!

Amy Beatty said...

What a fun, crazy party! I love everything you wrote at the end. So sweet!

Wendi said...

All I can say is it's about time you got some new photos and posts on there! You know my new obsession is this blogging thing so I REALLY like keeping up with everyone! The kids are adorable and growing sooo fast! Isn't it time for another???? Sounds exciting with the new jobs- have lots of fun! What hospital is it?
You guys are the cutest!
Wendi

Jaimee said...

I was sad just seeing pics of the kids, because they look so much bigger and I am missing it! Austin looks so grown up...I love the little moments you capture!